Update on roads and public transport affected by the floods at 2:15 p.m.
All eastbound lanes of Heathcote Road have reopened in Lucas Heights after being closed due to flooding.
But all westbound lanes of Heathcote Road remain closed between the Princes Highway in Heathcote and New Illawarra Road in Lucas Heights.
Motorists and public transport passengers are still advised to avoid non-essential travel in flood-affected areas.
- Milperra to Lansdowne – Henry Lawson Drive is closed between Milperra Road and Hume Highway.
- Milperra to Chipping Norton – Milperra Road / Newbridge Road is closed between Henry Lawson Drive and Governor Macquarie Drive.
- Windsor – The Windsor Bridge is closed between Wilberforce Road and George Street. Sections of Wilberforce and Pitt Town roads are also closed.
- Wilberforce – Putty Road is closed near Uworra Road
- Vineyard – Windsor Road is closed between Park Road and Groves Ave
- Berkshire Park – Richmond Road is closed between St Marys Road and Northbound Drive
- North Richmond – The Richmond Bridge is closed in both directions.
- Yarramundi – The Yarramundi Bridge is closed in both directions.
- Wallacia to Glenmore Park – Mulgoa Road is closed in both directions between Park Road / Silverdale Road and Glenmore Parkway.
- Oxford Falls – Oxford Falls Road is closed between Wakehurst Parkway and Aroona Road.
- In the Royal National Park – Audley Weir is closed in both directions.
- T1 Western Line and T5 Cumberland Line – limited buses replacing trains between Schofields and Richmond due to flooding on the tracks.
- Blue Mountains Line – limited buses replacing trains between Katoomba and Mount Victoria due to landslide near Mount Victoria
- F3 Parramatta River Services – alternative transport is underway between Parramatta and Rydalmere due to overflow from the Parramatta Weir
- Many bus services are affected by flooding and may be diverted at short notice or stop early.
In Illawarra, South Coast and Southern Highlands:
- Barrengarry – Moss Vale Road is closed in both directions between Bunkers Hill Road and Myra Vale Road due to landslides.
- Jamberoo – Jamberoo Mountain Road is closed in both directions near the Abbey
- South Coast Line – trains are running again between Waterfall and Thirroul. Buses can also supplement rail services.
On the central coast
- Charmhaven – Pacific Highway closed at Wallarah Creek Bridge
In the hunter:
- Whittingham–Golden Highway is closed between New England Highway and Range Road
- Gillieston Heights to Cliftleigh – Main Road/Cessnock Road is closed between Redwood Drive and Avery Lane
- Howes Valley – Putty Road is closed between Milbrodale Road and Colo Heights Road
- Hunter Line – trains are not running between Newcastle Interchange, Scone and Dungog due to flooding on the tracks at Sandgate.
In addition to state-run roads, some local roads run by municipalities may also be affected.
Motorists who must travel are advised to allow plenty of extra travel time and never drive through flood waters.
For the latest traffic information, download the Live Traffic NSW app, visit www.livetraffic.com or call 132 701.