The financing of the head of tourism at the top of the agenda of the Assembly

0

Juneau, Alaska (KINY) – The Juneau Assembly will be asked to approve a credit of $ 150,000 to fund the position of director of tourism as it establishes a centralized tourism management plan.

The mayor’s task force on the visitor industry recommended developing the plan and hiring a manager to oversee it.

Members will act on a recommendation from Committee of the Whole that property taxpayers be allowed to pay tax in two installments.

Director Rorie Watt writes in his report to the Assembly that a number of landowners are still recovering from the impacts of COVID-19 and could benefit from the ability to pay this way. number of commercial property claims that cannot be resolved before September 30, the current deadline for payment of full tax.

The ordinance would require that 80% of property taxes and special assessment be paid by September 30 and the remaining 20% ​​due by December 31.

Taxpayers who have automatic mortgage payments or a pre-set ACH or clearing house direct debit can still pay the full amount of tax by September 30.

There are several other orders pending public hearing and action. One would remove the minimum lot depth requirement from the land code. The manager explains that the requirement has created unnecessary bans on properties, especially infill developments that otherwise require a waiver. Minimum lot width and size requirements would continue to be in place for future subdivisions, according to the manager.

Another ordinance would amend the land use code to extend expiration dates for alternative development overlay districts. The district’s goal, according to Watt, is to provide adequate minimum standards and procedures for the construction of new residential buildings and the expansion, restoration or repair of existing buildings. Watt explains that the extension provides the time needed for the final review and adoption of new zoning for downtown neighborhoods.

The meeting is scheduled for 7 p.m. On Monday.

The Human Resources Committee meets earlier from 6 p.m. to review the annual reports of the Historic Resources Advisory Committee, the Juneau Sustainability Commission, and the Youth Activities Committee.

The jury will also take nominations to two public seats on the Youth Activities Council. An appointment to the local emergency planning committee is also on the agenda.


Source link

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.