The fare system of public transport in Tbilisi is changing
Tbilisi City Hall announced today that the single fare for public transport will be 1 GEL instead of 50 tetri from next year, noting that if individuals buy a one-year card for 250 GEL , they will spend around 20 GEL on public transport per month.
Passengers will be able to choose the package they want in the payment system.
For a single trip, a passenger will have to pay 1 GEL, with which he can use the bus, minibus, metro or Bagebi-Maglivi cable car for 90 minutes.
If a passenger purchases a season ticket, they will no longer pay 80 tetri in a separate minibus and will be able to use any municipal transport.
Tbilisi Mayor Kakha Kaladze said the unlimited ticket system will come into effect from February 1 in Tbilisi.
Passengers will have the choice between a 90-minute unlimited card, a one-day unlimited card, a one-week unlimited card or a one-month unlimited card.
- An unlimited day pass will cost 3 GEL. Cardholders will be able to use any type of public transport throughout the day.
- One week unlimited card will cost 20 GEL. Cardholders will be able to use any type of public transport throughout the week.
- A one-month unlimited card will cost 40 GEL, which will allow passengers to travel by any type of public transport for the entire month.
- A three month unlimited card will cost 100 GEL.
- An unlimited card for a sixth month will cost 150 GEL.
- A one-year unlimited card will cost 250 GEL.
Season tickets will be sold at Bank of Georgia (BOG) express branches and Tbilisi metro machines.