Maharashtra Mumbai Covid guidelines schools colleges closed public transport compulsory full vaccination
- New restrictions have been imposed on Maharashtra in light of the Covid cases.
- Schools and colleges are closed until February 15.
- Spas, gymnasiums and swimming pools will remain closed, while shopping centers will operate at 50% of their capacity.
The Maharashtra government on Saturday imposed new restrictions due to the increase in Covid-19 cases in the state. All schools and colleges will remain closed for physical classes until February 15. The decision comes a day after a review meeting that took place on Friday regarding the state’s Covid situation.
Here’s all you need to know:
- Public gatherings of more than 5 people will be prohibited from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- A nighttime curfew will be imposed on the state during these hours from January 10.
- Schools and colleges will remain closed for physical classes until February 15.
- Private lounges and offices will operate at 50% of their capacity, and spas, gymnasiums and swimming pools will remain closed.
- Hotels, restaurants, cinemas, the auditorium will remain open until 10 p.m. only at 50 percent of its capacity.
- Playgrounds and tourist sites will also remain closed. Shopping centers will open at 50% of their capacity.
- Home delivery of food will be permitted.
- The restrictions will be imposed from January 9 from midnight.
Latest news from India