Breaking news on roads and public transport affected by bad weather in parts of NSW at 9am
Motorists and public transport passengers should continue to avoid non-essential travel in parts of Sydney, Illawarra and The Hunter, due to extreme weather conditions.
In Bilpin, Bells Line of Road has reopened following an earlier fallen tree near Powells Road.
From Milperra to Lansdowne, Henry Lawson Drive has reopened after earlier flooding.
In Beaumont, Moss Vale Road has reopened following an earlier fallen tree at Green Valley Road.
On the T1 Western line, trains are running again between Emu Plains and Penrith following a problem with a train at Penrith earlier.
Buses will continue to supplement these services and passengers should allow for additional travel time.
Road closures and transport changes continue in parts of NSW including;
- Windsor – The Windsor Bridge is closed between Wilberforce Road and George Street. Sections of Wilberforce and Pitt Town roads are also closed.
- North Richmond – The Richmond Bridge is closed in both directions.
- Yarramundi – The Yarramundi Bridge is closed in both directions.
- Wallacia to Glenmore Park – Mulgoa Road is closed in both directions between Park Road / Silverdale Road and Glenmore Parkway
- Milperra – Newbridge Road closed between Henry Lawson Drive and Governor Macquarie Drive.
- East Hills – Henry Lawson Drive is closed between the M5 and Cheatle Street.
- Between Narrabeen and Oxford Falls – Wakehurst Parkway is closed in both directions. Oxford Falls Road is also closed.
- In the Royal National Park, Audley Weir is closed in both directions.
- Ferries F1 Manly – Buses replace ferries between Circular Quay and Manly due to heavy swell
- F3 Parramatta River Ferries – Alternate transport is underway between Parramatta and Rydalmere due to spillway overflow.
- Many bus services are affected by flooding across Sydney and may be diverted at short notice or stop early.
In Illawarra and the Southern Highlands;
- Southern Highlands Line – Trains are not running between Campbelltown and Moss Vale due to flooding.
In the hunter;
- Denman to Muswellbrook – Denman Road is closed in both directions.
- Whittingham – Golden Highway closed in both directions between New England Highway and Putty Road
- Hunter Line – trains are not running between Newcastle Interchange, Scone and Dungog in either direction due to flooding on the tracks at Sandgate.
In addition to state-run roads, some local roads run by municipalities may also be affected.
Motorists are reminded never to drive through flood waters.
For the latest traffic information, download the Live Traffic NSW app, visit www.livetraffic.com or call 132 701.